Saturday, April 5, 2008

Doula certification

I decided last night that it was time to start actually working on my doula certification instead of just talking about wanting to. So I did some searching around online and found a woman who does doula training workshops out of her home in St. Louis. Her website is http://www.birthnbabies.info/. She does a workshop in the spring and the fall each year. The one for spring is going on this weekend, so the next one is in October. Part of the DONA (http://www.dona.org/) certification requires some reading so I headed over to Amazon and purchased The Doula Book and Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: The Complete Guide. I can't wait for them to arrive so I can start reading. Realistically I probably won't get to read them until the semester is over, but when that comes I will dig in excitedly!


I was looking at my calendar this morning and I have become quite the busy bee as of late. I have 3 Pampered Chef shows in April, 5 in May, 2 in June and 1 in July so far. I am also participating in the March for Babies and the Y-Me Mother's Day Walk. Yikes! Throw in Chemistry, A & P II, and Comm with 2 children under 2 for good measure and you have one tired, but happy mama.
I leave you with an adorable picture of Julian playing Steph's piano for good measure (as I hear something crashing from the kitchen counter, can't imagine who is in there can you?).


No comments: