Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The semester is over!

It has been a ridiculously long time since I updated, but the past month has been crazy! Between family activities, tying up the semester, and working things have been busy, busy, busy in the Janssen house. Jerry and I are both finished with the Spring semester as of today. We have approximately 2 weeks and then summer classes begin. Yippee! I am taking 2 classes this summer and 2 this fall and then I am finished with my nursing pre-requisites. Now I just sit and wait for my name to come up on the notorious waitlist. Jerry has a few more semesters left, but will be done soon as well.

April brought 2 major events in our house. Elliot was baptized on April 20th and Julian turned 2 on April 23rd! I will post pictures of both events in the morning because I am just too tired to take the time to do it now. Why I am not already sleeping is beyond me. We had a weekend of partying on April 19th and 20th. We went out to eat on Saturday night accompanied by many friends and family and enjoyed each other and some Thomas cake! Sunday we had service at 10:30 am with Elliot's baptism and then lunch at our house followed. Elliot looked gorgeous in her baptismal gown!

I have been busy with Pampered Chef shows having done a few in May already. I have another next week with one more following the week after and that will round out my month. I have several booked for June as well. June is sure to be busy with classes, shows, and my Babywearing Conference in Chicago! I am so excited. It is just a little over a month away and is sure to be a blast. I can't wait to utilize my newfound knowledge to help other mamas and babies! We also bought a Knights Action Park season pass so there will be many afternoons spent there this summer. I'll have a solarveil sling borrowed from my good friend Carrie which will be perfect. I'll pop Elliot in there and be able to chase Julian around hands free. I can even take it in the water! Carrie and her family along with some others from my moms group have passes as well so it is sure to be a fun summer!

I am helping Carrie out this summer with the babywearing group. As far as I know I will be doing the meetings May through August. I need to post on our message board and get some dates set for this summer. Busy, busy, busy! Though I am very excited to be doing this. I have some ideas for the meetings that I am looking forward to. The conference will really help us out with content as well as hopefully reaching out to some new members.

I almost forgot! Julian said, "I love you," for the first time today. I almost cried, seriously. I tell him I love him constantly always hoping he'll say it back. The kid chatters constantly, you'd think he would say it by now! I was coming down the stairs and being his typical lazy bum self he turns to me as usual, raises his arms above his head and says, "Tarry me mommy, tarry." I pick him up and say, "You lazy bum," which he promptly repeats. That is followed by, "I love you," which he repeated back to me as well! I ran downstairs carrying him and said, "Tell daddy, tell daddy!" He said it to Jerry and now won't say it again. What a goof!!!

No comments: